Leather and Footwear Journal
Aims and Scope
Revista de Pielărie Încălțăminte / Leather and Footwear Journal (ISSN 1583-4433) is a quarterly peer-reviewed open access journal published by INCDTP - Division: Leather and Footwear Research Institute (ICPI), Bucharest, Romania, under CERTEX Publishing House (acknowledged by CNCSIS - The National University Research Council), and indexed in international databases.
Revista de Pielărie Încălțăminte / Leather and Footwear Journal aims to become a leading journal in the area of leather and footwear science and technology, publishing original research contributions, of both experimental and theoretical nature, as well as reviews that cover all aspects of this field. The journal aims to provide an accessible high-quality forum for researchers in the field of leather and footwear production to present their findings to the international community, which will further knowledge and progress in this field, for a more sustainable industry.
The journal is coordinated by an Editorial Board consisting of national and international recognized specialists, researchers, professors, and experts from the leather, footwear and rubber goods sectors.
The articles are currently published in English and contain abstracts and key words in English, Romanian and French. By submitting your manuscript to be considered for publishing in Leather and Footwear Journal you are giving consent to processing personal data for administration and publication purposes.
- innovative technologies for leather and footwear manufacturing;
- biomaterials based on proteins from leather – mainly collagen, with applications in medicine, agriculture, and the industry;
- environmental issues related to the leather and footwear sector;
- foot health issues related to footwear manufacturing;
- recovery of waste from leather, footwear, and leather goods manufacturing;
- issues of related industries: leather goods, items made of leather, technical articles, protection equipment;
- new tanning materials, chemicals, dyes, adhesives, etc. for the leather, footwear and rubber industry;
- issues related to the conservation and restoration of heritage leather and parchment objects;
- issues related to polymers used in footwear manufacturing;
- applications of IT field in these sectors.